Here are the steps to do that:
- Press Windows+R keys to start the Run program.
- Enter msconfig and click OK.
- Click on Services tab and uncheck Hide all Microsoft services option.
- Click the Disable all button.
- Next, click on the Startup tab and open Task Manager.
- You will see all the open applications.
Why does my computer shut down unexpectedly Windows 7?
Many hardware driver or operating system errors cause the computer to display a specific error message before stopping the operation or shutting down the computer. Restart the computer and press the F8 key to open the Advanced Boot Options menu. Select the Disable automatic restart on system failure option.
How can I tell the last time a Windows shutdown was?
Determine the Last Shutdown or Restart Date & Time in Windows
- Run eventvwr. msc to start the Event Viewer.
- In the Event Viewer, expand Windows Logs → System.
- Sort the log by Date (descending)
- Click Filter Current Log… on the right pane.
- Add event id: 1074 in the Includes list, and enable all event types.
- Click OK.
Is shutting down PC bad?
Leaving your computer on does little damage to modern computers. However, when the computer is on, the fan is working to cool the machine’s components. When it’s running consistently, it will shorten the lifespan slightly.
When playing games my PC shuts down?
If any of the hardware components in your computer is malfunctioning, then it can lead to unexpected computer shutdown. Faulty RAM strips are common causes of the computer shutdown. If you have installed the latest graphics card but have older and dated PSU, then it might be causing the issue due to power fluctuation.
How often does RAM go bad?
How do I fix windows not using all RAM?
To fix this, follow these steps:
- Click Start , type msconfig in the Search programs and files box, and then click msconfig in the Programs list.
- In the System Configuration window, click Advanced options on the Boot tab.
- Click to clear the Maximum memory check box, and then click OK.
- Restart the computer.