3. Use System settings to turn Mouse Acceleration on and off
- Right-click Start.
- Select Control Panel.
- Go to Hardware and Sound.
- Select Mouse.
- Choose Pointer Options tab.
- Uncheck Enhance pointer precision box to turn off Mouse Acceleration.
- Click Apply then click Ok.
Why does my cursor keep moving on its own when I type?
If your any pointing device driver is outdated or corrupted, it would cause your mouse cursor keeps moving on its own. It can fix the problem through updating your pointing device driver, like mouse, keyboard and touchpad driver. Then install the new drivers in your Windows.
How do I turn on touchpad gestures in Windows 10?
- Open Settings.
- Click on Devices.
- Click on Touchpad.
- Under the “Taps” section, use the Touchpad sensitivity drop-down menu to adjust the sensitivity level of the touchpad. Options available, include: Most sensitive.
- Select the tap gestures that you want to use on Windows 10. Options available include:
Why touchpad is not working in Windows 10?
If your touchpad isn’t working, it may be a result of a missing or out-of-date driver. On Start , search for Device Manager, and select it from the list of results. Under Mice and other pointing devices, select your touchpad, open it, select the Driver tab, and select Update Driver.
How do I unlock the cursor on my Asus laptop?
Or, you can find the hotkeys location whether there is a touchpad icon (it usually located on F6 or F9 key), then press fn Key + touchpad hotkey to enable/disable the touchpad.
How do I enable my touchpad on my Acer laptop?
On many computer systems, you can turn your touchpad on and off with your keyboard. On most Acer laptops, you can press and hold the Fn key on your keyboard and then press either the F6 or F7 key. If you can’t find the F6 or F7 key, it should show a small illustration of a hand touching a touchpad.