- What are the chemical properties of water quizlet?
- What are the chemical and physical properties of Krypton?
- What are chemical properties of lithium?
- What are three chemical properties of lithium?
- What are the physical and chemical properties of sodium?
- What are the useful properties of lithium?
- What are 5 physical properties of sodium?
The molecules of water have extensive hydrogen bonds resulting in unusual properties in the condensed form. This also leads to high melting and boiling points. As compared to other liquids, water has a higher specific heat, thermal conductivity, surface tension, dipole moment, etc.
What are the chemical properties of water quizlet?
Terms in this set (24)
- Cohesion. Hydrogen bonds hold water molecules together.
- Adhesion. Attraction of polar molecules together (and to water).
- Surface Tension.
- high Specific Heat.
What are the chemical and physical properties of Krypton?
Chemical properties of krypton – Health effects of krypton – Environmental effects of krypton
|Atomic mass||83.80 g.mol -1|
|Density||3.73 10-3 g.cm-3 at 20°C|
|Melting point||– 157 °C|
|Boiling point||– 153° C|
What are chemical properties of lithium?
Lithium Properties Lithium has a melting point of 180.54 C, a boiling point of 1342 C, a specific gravity of 0.534 (20 C), and a valence of 1. It is the lightest of the metals, with a density approximately half that of water. Under ordinary conditions, lithium is the least dense of the solid elements.
What are three chemical properties of lithium?
Chemical properties of lithium – Health effects of Lithium – Environmental effects of Lithium
|Electronegativity according to Pauling||1.0|
|Density||0.53 g.cm -3 at 20 °C|
|Melting point||180.5 °C|
|Boiling point||1342 °C|
What are the physical and chemical properties of sodium?
It’s a soft metal, reactive and with a low melting point, with a relative density of 0,97 at 20ºC (68ºF). From the commercial point of view, sodium is the most important of all the alkaline metals. Sodium reacts quickly with water, and also with snow and ice, to produce sodium hydroxide and hydrogen.
What are the useful properties of lithium?
A soft, silvery metal. It has the lowest density of all metals. It reacts vigorously with water. The most important use of lithium is in rechargeable batteries for mobile phones, laptops, digital cameras and electric vehicles.
What are 5 physical properties of sodium?
The Physical Properties of Sodium are as follows:
- Color : Silver-White.
- Malleability : Capable of being shaped or bent.
- Ductility : Easily pulled or stretched into a thin wire.
- Luster : Has a shine or glow.
- Conductivity : Good transmission of heat or electricity.
- Softness : Soft enough to be cut with a knife.