- What are the four characteristics of democracy?
- Which is a characteristic of a democratic government quizlet?
- What is the defining attribute of a democracy quizlet?
- What are five characteristics of democracy?
- What are two key characteristics of American democracy?
- What are the five characteristics of American democracy?
- What do you mean by a democracy?
- What is the another name of democracy?
- Who is the largest democracy in the world?
- Why Indian democracy is considered the largest democracy in the world?
- Is India world’s largest democracy?
Democracy is government in which power and civic responsibility are exercised by all adult citi- zens, directly, or through their freely elected rep- resentatives. Democracy rests upon the principles of majority rule and individual rights.
What are the four characteristics of democracy?
According to American political scientist Larry Diamond, democracy consists of four key elements: a political system for choosing and replacing the government through free and fair elections; the active participation of the people, as citizens, in politics and civic life; protection of the human rights of all citizens; …
Which is a characteristic of a democratic government quizlet?
The characteristics that distinguish it are that it can be direct or representative, it can only exist in a small society where it is practical for everyone to assemble, discuss, and vote, and there is individual liberty, majority rule with minority rights, free elections, and competing political parties.
What is the defining attribute of a democracy quizlet?
A democracy is a system of government where all people vote and have a freedom of speech in the government.
What are five characteristics of democracy?
Describe any five characteristics of democracy
- Elected representative.
- Civil liberties.
- Independent judiciary.
- Organised opposition party.
- Rule of law.
- Citizens in a democracy have not only rights but also the responsibility to participate in the political system.
- Democratic societies are committed to the values of tolerance, cooperation, and compromise.
What are two key characteristics of American democracy?
The American concept of democracy- what we believe democracy means- rests on these basic notions: 1. Recognition of the fundamental worth and dignity of every person; 2. Respect for the equality of all persons 3.
What are the five characteristics of American democracy?
Terms in this set (10)
- Key idea in American democracy. Balance.
- Components to American democracy are related to. social contract theory and natural law.
- Popular Consent.
- Popular Consent.
- Popular Sovereignty.
- Majority Rule.
What do you mean by a democracy?
The word democracy describes a political system. In a democratic country, all eligible citizens have the right to participate, either directly or indirectly, in making the decisions that affect them. Countries like Canada, the United States of America and the United Kingdom all have representative democracies.
What is the another name of democracy?
Synonyms. parliamentary democracy form of government republic political system commonwealth Weimar Republic.
Who is the largest democracy in the world?
India (Hindi: Bhārat), officially the Republic of India (Hindi: Bhārat Gaṇarājya), is a country in South Asia. It is the second-most populous country, the seventh-largest country by land area, and the most populous democracy in the world.
Why Indian democracy is considered the largest democracy in the world?
Reason: Indian democracy is considered the largest democracy in the world because of political maturity. It’s the world’s second largest country in terms of population, people have direct representation in the legislative processes through regular elections and the right to adult suffrage.
Is India world’s largest democracy?
India, the world’s most populous democracy, continues to have a vibrant media, an active civil society, a respected judiciary, and significant human rights problems.